HEALTH CARE SCREENING SOLUTIONS
The health care industry is very unique in that most positions require a very high level of trust. Many health care employees have access to one or more of the following: patients' personal information, prescription drugs on the premises and credit card information.
While large health care facilities may have more checks and balances in place, the small medical clinic faces the unique concern of having fewer employees responsible for multiple functions – there is less opportunity for oversight.
Background screening provides some of that oversight upfront. Whether you are a large facility or a small one, there are several types of searches that most health care clinics utilize when screening applicants.
- Identity Check – Social security number verification is among the most basic and effective ways to perform an identity check on a new employee. Once an applicant has received and accepted a job offer, employers will want to confirm his/her identity by conducting an SSN search.
- Criminal Searches – Conduct county-level, statewide, nationwide, and federal searches for criminal records.
- EPLS and OIG – The Excluded Parties List System and the Office of the Inspector General are searches which aid in determining if the applicant has been prohibited from working in the medical field for Medicaid or Medicare fraud.
- Employment Verification – An employment check involves direct communication with a candidate's previous employers, and seeks to clarify and confirm the content of an applicant's resume and/or application.
- Employee Drug Screening – We provide a variety of drug testing products to serve your needs. We are also available to assist you with physical exams for positions that require a medical clearance. Our convenient single sign-on service makes it easy to schedule a drug test and receive the results.
- Education Verification – An educational background verification reveals the highest degree obtained by a given applicant, as well as his/her graduation date(s), institution(s) of attendance and major course(s) of study.
- Professional License Verification –The verification of an applicant's professional license confirms the license type obtained, as well as its dates of issuance and expiration. A license status search will reveal any conditions and/or restrictions that have been imposed on the license, as well as any pertinent disciplinary measures that have been taken against the applicant throughout their previous professional experience.